This is one of my favourite simple pasta dishes that’s great for getting you through the day without spending much effort cooking it. Try it out!
Extra-virgin olive oil
- Prepare a simple tomato sauce.
- In a large skillet, fry the eggplant slices in olive oil and drain them between paper towels, using a weight for maximum drainage.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti al dente, drain, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Dress the spaghetti with plenty of sauce and toss with the salted ricotta, torn basil leaves, and chili to taste.
- Serve on individual plates and garnish with the fried eggplant slices, more sauce, a grating of ricotta, and more basil leaves.